You will be surprised to note that virtual workers in America is ought to reach 63% of the entire workforce by 2016, doubling the count ration in the present scenario. Today, 34 million of the American prefers to work from their homes for a company and it is a different but unique dimension of recruitment and working. The reason may be attributed to the advancements and innovations in the technology that allowed those people to work remotely.
It is all about the extensive use of collaborative software programs, wireless connection, web conferencing and instant messaging. So, you are not needed to consider about the location or geographical limits when you are getting employed in MNCs or even a local company in your country. The virtual works can feel now better when they have to take care of their aging parents and shuffle the schedule of their children every day.
It is not only going to be beneficial for the workers alone rather the recruiting companies and employers are also finding a number of advantages associated with the remote working in different world locations. Yes, the biggest benefit they like is to cut down the space covered by the physical posture of employees. Suppose a company needs an office space for 300 people but space is available for only 250 candidates or so. Thus, the company will save the office cost of about 50 people every month which counts thousands of dollars every year. When the employees work remotely for a company, he will be certainly using his own home space. Second to none, the companies are also finding it much interesting to expand the current pool of employed candidates, given the geography limitations are not applied to the company’s guidelines and establishments. On the other hand, people today always want some better job benefits and telecommuting is one of the best merits that can be achieved through remote working.
Everything in this world has some pros and cons. Similar is the case with remote working. The workforce is today confused whether working remotely, away from the company establishment is fine or not. Also, the employers are getting more concerned about the control and security of their employees. They know working in a virtual environment is beneficial for them but losing the overall control is not a good indication for any sort of business. To define a more comprehensive guideline and beneficial criteria for both the employees and employers, here are mentioned some tips –
- Employees should possess the highest level of confidence to work for the company in spite of an environment where distractions are common.
- The virtual workers will certainly need a designed office space in their home. The working mode must be prepared in your home.
- Remote working requires top level motivation to accomplish all the tasks and orders, right from the morning hours.
- Being an extrovert, you are not supposed to work in your home. You will need an office, full of working people in order to derive the required energy levels.
- Both employers and employees need to ascertain things like the fulfillment of the expectation, previous success records, level of productivity, payment for technology and equipments related to the remote working.