Saturday night Mike Wallace Died due to illness, he was running ill since long time and finally pass away at the age of 93, after getting this news media gone on fire and paying their tribute in their own ways because everyone knows that it’s a loss of real pioneer of television journalism.
Mike Wallace was a CBS reporter who became one of America’s best known broadcast journalist and host of the famous show “60 Minutes“. According to site of CBS Mr.Mike Wallace Died at a care centre Canaan Conn., where he was living since last few years and also running on pace maker since last 20 years.
And gone under triple bypass heart surgery in year 2008.
He did a lot of valuable interviews with politicians, businessmen and celebrities, he is also the one who helped the CBS TV Network to achieve their current business by contributing over their at 60 Minutes.
Timeline of Mike Wallace – 1918 – 2012
- Birth – May 9, 1918 in Brookline
- Got graduation – 1935
- On Radio as GUEST – February 7, 1939
- First JOB at WOOD Radio as newscaster & continuity writer
- Enlisted in United Estates Navy – 1943
- Announced to be a wrestler in 1940′s to 1950′s
- In late 1940′s became part of CBS radio network
- In 1949 starred a drama – Stand By For Crime
- During 1950′s hosted a lot of game shows
- Did various commercials during 1950′s
- Hosted Night Beat during 1955-7
- Hosted The Mike Wallace Interview on ABC during 1957-8
- In 1959 he produced a documentary – The Hate That Hate Produced
- Hosted CBS morning news – 1963-66
- The “60 Minutes” started – 1968
- Retirement from “60 Minutes” – March 14, 2006
- Mike Wallace Died – April 7, 2012
In 2008 Mike Wallace son Chris said that his father is not going to be back on television due to serious illness.