Being a personality development trainer you should have some basic knowledge to launch your self hosted personal development program but even before the same check this must have list you should follow to give maximum benefit to your followers and only after that you will be able to manage your program as it should be.
A personal development program is based on the following objectives.
- The improvement of awareness of an individual
- The enhancement of the individual’s knowledge
- The development of talents and strengths possessed by the individual
- An improvement in the monetary status of the individual
- The creation or renewal of the individual’s identity
- The facilitation of spiritual development of the individual
- The identification of the individual’s potential and its improvement
- The enhancement of living standards and quality lifestyle of the individual
- An improvement in the physical, mental and social health of the individual
- The fulfilment of the individual’s dreams and aspirations
- The initiation of a life enterprise or self sufficiency of the individual
- The definition as well as execution of personal development measures
- The improvement of the individual’s social skill
The personal development concept is a wider field compared to self-development and self-help. A personal development program also includes the development of people related to the individual. This may be initiated through the role of a mentor or teacher. It can be achieved through personal competency, for example when a manager is skilled enough to bring out the potential in his employees. The other method is to employ professional service, for example the provision of assessment and training.
Apart from the development of oneself and others, this is also a field of practice, and a field of research. When referring to the field of practice, personal development includes systems of learning, assessment and development, along with a variety of tools and techniques. On the other hand, as a field of research this topic is frequently seen to appear in journals, educational reviews and business books.
The basis of judgement
A personal development program is highly beneficial for the individual as well as his community. However, you need to ascertain whether the change has actually taken place or not. Development in any field whatsoever requires a judging framework. You could be your own judge, but the assessment should be based on standard criteria for even you to be sure of objective improvement. The framework could be a goal or a benchmark which represent your basic goal or aspiration. It could be a strategy or a plan for you to be able to fulfill your goals. You would need to assess and measure your progress at different levels which would represent the milestones of the personal development program. It is also important for you to get a feedback so that you are aware of the changes which occur.
A personal development program requires the dedication of the individual. You need to be highly proactive in order to achieve what you had set out to. Optimism and persistence are the keys to success of any kind. However, you should not be foolish and set goals that are beyond your capability. Accepting yourself for who you are is equally important. You need to build on what you have, instead of chasing irrational objectives.