Why should you opt for social media for small business ? The answer to this question lies in the advances that social media has helped a large number of businesses in past and present scenario.
Cange in Attitude Towards Social Media
Some years ago, social media was a completely new and unique concept. People were of the opinion that only experts could make use of it as a marketing platform. However, social media is not a new concept anymore, and has become an integral part of the marketing strategies adopted by all kinds of businesses, no matter what scale they operate at.
Social media for small business is not a revolutionary development, but more of an evolutionary one.
The Question at Hand
Although advertising and public relations continue to be important marketing tactics, the use of social media for marketing has become an essential part of the decision making process. Rather than arguing about which social networking site would be better for your company, you should be questioning how you can use the available networks to fulfill your marketing objectives.
Tradition Concept of Marketing
The tradition marketing concept was based on four simple Ps – product, price, place and promote. The 4 steps were.
- Create your product
- Find the best way to price your product
- Find the right place, i. e. the right market for your product
- Promote the product
New Marketing Concept
The new approach to marketing stratagems, which combines with the use of social media, depends on 4Cs – content, context, connections and community. The steps that need to be undertaken in today’s scenario are.
- The provision of a large measure of relevant content, based on fact and logic. The content needs to be informative, unique and generate education and awareness among the customers.
- The content needs to be filtered appropriately and aggregated in such a manner such that it can be delivered in the proper context.
- The right content and context enable people to connect with others, as well as brands and products.
- The integrated connectivity creates a community that is vital to the success of marketing methods.
Marketing Objective of Social media for Small Business
Social media for small business can help you fulfill the following goals.
- It gives you a platform to reach new audiences for the propagation of your content and expertise
- It helps to create a network of like-minded people and businesses
- It fosters the development of an evangelist community
- It helps you to identify the proper mode of communication that customers are looking for.
- It improves your stance as a leader of your company or industry
- It keeps you informed about what people think about you, your brand and its products, and your industry so that you can make improvements generated towards greater success
- It enlists you as a trustworthy source of information, helping you build healthy relationships with the consumers and their associated community.
Social media for small business will prove to be a valuable asset to your company, so do not underestimate it.